Many people are discovering the alternatives to store bought deodorants, but they give up easily because they think they don’t work, or they react to the main ingredient often used (Sodium Bicarbonate). Well, never fear, this recipe works wonders, and doesn’t contain Sodium Bicarbonate. It’s fantastic for those with sensitive skin, and the smelly-est of smelly pits!
There are so many reasons to ditch your store bought deodorant – please, stop putting those chemicals in your pits, so close to your precious breasts!
- 1 Double Boiler (jug or bowl over simmering water)
- 1 Spoon for stirring
- Jar or container of choice
- 20 drops preferred essential oil see notes for suggestions
- Add Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Beeswax to double boiler
- Stir until ingredients are melted
- Remove from heat and add Bentonite Clay
- Stir to combine
- Pour into container/s of choice
- Put into fridge or freezer to set (this helps it set nice and smooth and not grainy)
- Apply a small amount to clean and dry armpits
Essential Oil suggestionsTea Tree and Patchouli are known oils to combat bacteria and kill the pong of BO. I also add Lavender for it's soothing properties, so these are the 3 oils I like to use. Feel free to experiment here though. Some other oils you might like to try are:
- Yarrow | Pom