This DIY Surface Spray will show you how easy low tox DIY really is
This is the simplest swap you can make which will have the most impact on:
💲 Your wallet – once you have purchased a reusable 500ml spray bottle, this recipe will cost you approximately 20c per bottle. Compare this to the most popular commercial surface spray which costs $3.00 a bottle
👩⚕️ Your health – Most commercial surface sprays contain harsh chemicals (and don’t even get me started on the synthetic fragrances!). These can have long term negative impacts on the health of you and your family. Don’t believe me? Check out the warning labels next time you are at the supermarket.
⌚ Your time – Ever been in the middle of a job or task and run out of what you need so you need to go to the shops to complete it? One of the best things about making your own cleaning products is that you often have what you need in the cupboard or pantry to whip up what you need straight away. This recipe takes approximately 2 minutes.
And yes, IT ACTUALLY WORKS!
I’ve been making my own surface spray for years and it always cuts through the grease and grime (remember I’m raising little people too, so there is always a lot to clean up on the kitchen benches and dining table!).
All Purpose Surface Spray
- Measuring jug or cups
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1¾ cups water
- 30 drops preferred essential oils see notes
- Add all ingredients to 500ml spray bottle
- Shake thoroughly
- Spay on surfaces and wipe with a paper towel or reusable cloth.
Recommended essential oil combinations
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wild Orange
- 30 drops doTERRA's On Guard protective blend
- 15 drops each of Grapefruit and doTERRA's On Guard protective blend