A good soothing salve using essential oils can be the base to many recipes. Similar to the texture of petroleum jelly, you can customise this salve with essential oils to meet your needs.
I use this salve with my young daughter all the time. I’ve used it as a ‘Bum Balm’ when she suffered nappy rash, and I still use it to rub on her chest and soles of feet whenever she has a cold or respiratory problems.
- Double Boiler (jug or bowl over simmering water)
- Spoon for stirring
- 25 drops preferred essential oils see notes for suggestions
- Melt beeswax in double boiler
- Once melted, add grapeseed, almond, and vitamin E oil until melted
- Once combined, set aside for two to three minutes
- Add essential oils and stir
- Pour in container and allow to set for at least two hours
- Apply to skin where needed
- doTERRA Easy Air to help maintain clear airways
- doTERRA's Lavender Peace or straight Lavender to promote a good night rest
- doTERRA's Citrus Bliss for invigoration.
- Tea Tree