This Strawberry and Lime Sugar Scrub using essential oils is gentle enough for face and body, smells like fresh strawberry jam, and is even easier to make!
Are you one of those people who likes skin care that smells like dessert? Most of those products are full of artificial fragrances and chemicals that trick your nose into thinking that it is the real thing, when it really isn’t.
- Ziploc bag (or a paper bag if you have one - better for the environment!)
- Rolling Pin
- Large bowl
- Cup, mug or jug (microwavable) OR
- Spoon for stirring
- Airtight jar or container
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup raw demerara sugar course raw sugar
- ⅓ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- ⅓ cup fractionated coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops Lime essential oil
- Add strawberries to bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Add crushed strawberries and sugar into bowl
- In a microwavable glass cup, add the organic virgin coconut oil and place in microwave for 15 seconds or until melted (or heat gently on the stove)
- In the glass cup with melted virgin coconut oil, add fractionated coconut oil, vanilla extract, and Lime essential oil. Stir until combined and add to bowl with strawberries and sugar.
- Stir until everything is combined. If mixture looks too dry, add 1 teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil at a time until consistency is right
- Store in an airtight container
- To use, take a handful of scrub into your hands and rub on skin until the sugar dissolves.
- Rinse under warm water and pat dry